Build this Ultimaker machine and make your ideas come to life right on your desktop. The complete Ultimaker DIY-Kit contains everything you need to build your machine and to start printing.
- An extremely large build volume, 21x21x20.5 cm (L/W/H),
- The fastest controlled horizontal acceleration in the market, allows for extremely fast printing.
- Connect the machine to your computer's USB port, Drivers for Windows, Mac and Linux are available.
- Capable of printing with biodegradable PLA plastics and ABS. This allows for extremely affordable printing (plastics offered here). Feel free to use other materials!
- Resolution: 0.0125 mm for the X and Y axis, the Z-axis is even more accurate!
- A user-friendly, low-maintenance material feed mechanism (geared). Allows for mid-build material refills and color changes during prints.
- The printer is very light and robust, you can take it on a trip, without fear of it breaking.
- Designed for quick assembly and easy maintenance.
- Holds a reel of plastic for hassle free 3D printing.
-Integrated electronics, no need to wire many boards together, everything is plugged into just once PCB.
- The electronics provide the option to add a 5th stepper motor for later upgrades
- Powered by free (libre) software. Based on Open Source Software (CAD files are published here!)
- Free software upgrades will be provided and hardware upgrades can be downloaded and printed.
- The UltiController LCD interface now available as an upgrade!
The kit contents include:
Ultimaker essentials kit
Hardware and varous nuts and bolts
A full set of lasered parts (see below)
The new and improved version 2 hot-end
Fully assembled electronics v1.5.7 + incl. official (Open Hardware) Arduino Mega 2560 board, ready to mount on your machine.
4 quiet, but strong stepper motors (built to our specifications, based on NEMA 17 standard)
4 x Pololu stepper driver
Custom machined 0.4 mm nozzle (still allows fast printing, but also fine details)
Accurate machined lead screw for the Z-axis for fast layer changes and consistent layer height
Accurate temperature control with a thermocouple and heater-cartridge (heats within 2 minutes)
Double mechanical endstops for the X, Y and Z axis. Holes come pre-threaded for mounting convenience.
Bowden cable (PFA, more robust than PTFE)
Quality brand 2 mm hex screwdriver + 1.5mm hex wrench
3M/Scotch Blue tape
Silver PLA plastic to start with. You may need to get more, because this 3D printer prints really fast!
The lasered parts include:
6 mm dense birch plywood (extremely durable and stiff) for the frame
4 mm birch plywood (high-density)
3 mm Delrin for several extruder parts
10 mm acrylic for the build platform
0.5 mm PP for the cooling ducts
0.5 mm thick HDPE sheet for cooling duct.
High current MOSFETs that power the extruder, which heats up within 2 minutes.
Power: 110V-240V operation, 50-60Hz - 120W - 19V output.
The print head design uses a special ceramic heater cartridge, which is reliable, durable and extremely easy to install. The design does not use nichrome-wire. The entire hot-end can be assembled in under a minute. Also, it uses a glass filled injection moulded PEEK thermal barrier, that is more stable at high temperatures.
Other advantages are listed on the wiki.
While we, and many others think the Ultimaker is a great improvement over the existing 3D printer kits, it is a brand new product. Technical skills are required for safe and correct assembly and operation of this product. When in doubt, please seek professional assistance to help with assembly. The kit includes all of the parts needed to assemble a properly working machine, but in some cases you can get better results if you have some improvisation skills. Please understand that we can, and will not guarantee correct operation of the user-assembled end-product. That said, we've done a lot of things to make it easier to assemble:
Soldering skills are not required
All rods are cut to the right length
No sawing, drilling or other material changes are required
Fastening of bolts
Minimal or no sanding or post processing of the laser cut parts is required
Only metric M3 bolts are used
Recommended for home and office.
If you liked this product, you might also like:
Browse Similar Items by Category: